Ok, I've ridden tons of tubulars over the years, and posted my ranking recently on weightweenies.
Thought I should share here as well, and I will update this posting over time...
Based on performance and value I'd rank them:
- Veloflex Extreme - light, smooth and not too pricey (as seen on my ITM's in the intro posting)
- Dugast Silk - best ride quality hands down, price is fair, but durability might be an issue - see my Trek Madone posting for those
- Vittoria Corsa 320 - slightly more supple than the old version and can be found everywhere
- 2010 Schwalbe Ultremo - light, and smooth, but appear a bit fragile
- Challenge Criterium / Forte cotton - great value in a good all-around package
- Veloflex Carbon / Criterium - older, heavier version of the Extreme, still a great tubular
- Dugast Cotton - Nice tire, but harsher than the silk for almost the same price
- Vittoria Corsa 290 - The former benchmark
- Conti Competition / GP 4000 - solid tires, and pretty durable, but average ride quality
- Zipp Tangente - not cheap, so-so ride quality, and I just don't believe the dimples do anything
- Tufo (anything) - harsh ride, but light and cheap
- Conti Sprinter - boat anchors, but hold up well to major miles
- Getting some cotton FMB CX's in from Fairwheel, and
- Challenge Seta's in from Ribble
We will see how those run and I can then add to this list.